10/16 Fire Damages Weasler Engineering Building

Employees at the Weasler Engineering plant on Highway 45 just outside of West Bend got an unexpected break from work on Monday afternoon as the plant need to be temporary evacuated due to a smoldering fire inside an air filtration unit. According Battalion Chief Todd Van Langlen, the fire was apparently caused by some sparks from one of the welding machines, getting up into an air filtration system that is suspended above the floor causing some paper particles inside one of the filters to smolder. Upon arriving, fire fighters initially used dry chemicals in order to not damage any of the machinery. The smoldering continued, and firefighters determined they would have to use extension water hoses from the front of the building. Tarps were placed over the machines and about 100 gallons of water was used to extinguish the fire. After carbon monoxide levels were determined to be safe, employees were allowed back into the facility. There were no injuries. The air filtration system will need to be replaced at an estimated cost of nine to ten thousand dollars.
Filed Under :
People : Todd Van Langlen
On-Air Now
Community Calendar
On Facebook
Weather Forcast