The West Bend Fire Department was kept rather busy on Wednesday with two separate passenger vehicle fires. The first car fire happened at four thirty along East Decorah Road. By the time firefighters arrived, the fire was under control. An investigation revealed that oil had leaked out from a warped cover onto the head crank case and the heat ignited the fire. No major damages were reported. The second car fire happened about twenty minutes later at about four fifty at a gas station located at 1519 West Washington. According to West Bend Fire Chief Jerry Kudek the origin of the fire was under the hood. Apparently some wires connecting the starter to the battery shorted out and caught fire. Once again, the fire was extinguished prior to fire fighters arrival. However, damages to this vehicle were more severe and are estimated at eight hundred dollars.