Some of the foods you THINK are good for you, may actually be causing you to gain weight. Check out this list of seven health foods that have tons of calories:
1. Dried fruit. When fruit is dry the sugar becomes dense, so there are more calories.
2. Peas and corn. They're both considered a starch, because of their high carbohydrate count. So you should count them as a carb, like bread.
3. Granola. Cereal usually has LESS calories than granola.
4. Avocados. These have the "good fat", but you can easily consume hundreds of calories with a portion of guacamole.
5. Frozen yogurt. It can actually have more calories than ice cream.
6. Energy bars. They often have enough calories to be counted as a meal. Which is sort of the point . . . they're not actually a 'snack.'
7. Stuff that's gluten-free. Gluten-free does not mean healthier. These foods still have fat and sugar.