Pollstar just released its list of the top worldwide tours so far this year. And ONE DIRECTION
is beating everyone, with over $131 million in ticket sales. The Rolling Stones
and Justin Timberlake
are next. Then there's a pretty steep drop off. Here are the Top Ten:
1. One Direction, $131.5 million.
2. The Rolling Stones, $115.1 million. They also have the highest ticket prices of any act in the top 100, averaging $177 a pop.
3. Justin Timberlake, $110.2 million.
4. Bruce Springsteen, $64.9 million.
5. Michael Bublé, $62.2 million.
6. George Strait, $61.8 million.
7. The Eagles, $54 million.
8. Billy Joel, $50.7 million.
9. Cher, $48.5 million. (Technically, she's not "touring". That's all sales from her Vegas show.)
10. Bruno Mars, $42.6 million.
(A few other notables include Beyoncé at #11 with $40.5 million . . . Miley Cyrus at #14 with $34.5 million . . . and The Backstreet Boys at #21 with $27.6 million. Check out the top 100 here.)