Germantown Fire fighters were called into action Thursday morning for an equipment fire inside a municipal well located at the intersection of River Lane and Morse. According to Captain Mathew Kapinski of the Germantown Fire Department the call came in around eight am. Apparently an electric motor overheated and caused a bucket to catch fire. An employee of the village was able to diminish the fire using a dry chemical extinguisher prior to fire fighters arrival, who then brought the fire under total control. One person needed to be treated for smoke inhalation. Estimated damages are ten thousand dollars; there was no significant structural damage.