12/23 Washington County United Way Short of Campaign Goal

Officials with The United Way of Washington County are hoping people will catch the true meaning of the holiday spirit in the next few days and start sharing for others less fortunate. According to Kris O’Meara campaign co-chairwoman this year they set a goal to raise $1.3 million dollars, a 12 percent increase from last year, for its annual fall campaign. As of late last week, they hit 70 percent of the goal. Seventy percent of the goal is about $935,000.O’Meara said she doesn’t mean to point fingers but what they are seeing is as retirees exit the workplace the generation replacing them is not stepping up. According to United Way of Washington County Communications Manager Leslie Del Ponte About 82.2 percent of the money goes to the United Way of Washington County’s 22 partner agencies like the Boys and Girls Clubs of Washington County, Family Promise and Friends of Abused Families. The rest, about 17.8 percent, goes toward administrative Costs. Last year more than 25,000 individuals and families in Washington County used a United Way funded service
according to a United Way of Washington County news release. People can still  participate in the annual campaign by giving an individual donation directly to the United Way or the website united
wayofwashingtoncounty.org.  An employee can also give through a workplace campaign or a company can give a corporate gift. Anyone who gives a gift of $50 or more will be entered in a drawing to win a new car. Anyone who gives $25 or more will be entered in a drawing to win an iPad Mini.
Filed Under :
People : Leslie Del Ponte
On-Air Now
America's Morning News
5a - 5:45a
Community Calendar
On Facebook
Weather Forcast