On Wednesday morning at approximately 9:00 a.m. employees from Star Fire Company were working in the 4th floor storage area at West Bend City Hall when a pipe broke and injured a worker. The Star Fire Company had been contracted to remove an outdated fire suppression system. A new fire suppression system was recently installed as part of the Police Department and City Hall remodeling, and the old system was scheduled to be removed. The system being removed consisted of several carbon dioxide tanks (CO²), pipes, and distribution heads. Workers were in the process of expelling the CO² when a pipe broke, and caused debris to land on a 44 year old worker’s foot. The worker sustained fractures to his right foot. The man was conveyed to St. Joseph’s Hospital where he was treated and released. There were no other injuries to any City of West Bend employees or other contractors working in the building. The accident caused minor damage to a storage cabinet. West Bend Fire Department worked with representatives from Star Fire to safely expel the remaining CO² and render the area safe. Workers on the third floor of City Hall were evacuated for a short period of time while the CO² was being expelled.